1001 ICEBREAKERS BOOK – FAMILY EDITION
1001 ICEBREAKERS BOOK - FAMILY EDITION
"1001 ICEBREAKERS" book by Neil Blake (see first few chapters FREE below…)
New 60-page book – “1001 ICEBREAKERS”. Have a look – there’s nothing else out there quite like it!!!
This pocket sized / purse sized book could well be the “next big thing”, especially as it can benefit every person in this country in some way or other.
The concept of the book is quite simple. Within its pages are 1001 direct, personal questions designed to spark a chat, a debate, a CONVERSATION! There are so many uses for this book, and I mention a lot of them in its first few pages.
(There are actually 2 versions of the book. There’s the standard BLACK book (a “family edition” if you like), and also a RED one – elsewhere on this site, which contains an extra 100 “adult” themed questions at the back in an extra chapter called “Er…Can We Skip That One?”. (PLEASE LET US KNOW WHICH VERSION YOU PREFER WHEN YOU ORDER)
This book can also be an essential PARTY COMPANION. Whip this out at any gathering (bide your time at funerals!), and you could be chattering into the early hours…
The questions provoke amusing replies, shocking revelations, silly answers, lifelong secrets, nostalgic flashbacks, loving memories, gasps of disbelief, intelligent insights, and secret disclosures. The conversations that ensue will bring laughter…and possibly tears. But boredom will become a thing of the past.
1) I think it’s best to start as we mean to go on…do you have a good memory?
2) What’s your earliest memory?
3) What 5 words best describe you as a child
4) When did you have your first fight, who with and why?
5) Do you still see any friends from your childhood?
6) What nickname did you have at school?
7) What did you want to be when you grew up?
8) Who first broke your heart?
9) Who was your favourite teacher at school?
10) Who was your most hated teacher at school?
11) Did you ever have a crush on a teacher…?
12) What was your favourite lesson?
13) What was your most hated lesson?
14) What hobbies did you have as a child?
15) As a child, did you have a favourite teddy bear, doll or cuddly toy?
16) What was the most daring or naughtiest thing you ever did as a child?
17) Were you bullied?
18) Who did you hate or envy?
19) Who was your best friend?
20) When was the last time you saw that best friend?
21) What was your worst childhood habit?
22) What was your most embarrassing moment as a child?
23) Would you say you had a strict upbringing?
24) Did you respect adults and authority?
25) Name 3 of your favourite toys.
26) Do you still have any childhood toys at home, or any that you’ve “passed on” to future generations?
27) What was your favourite game?
28) What was the first book you ever read?
29) What books did you have read to you at school?
30) Did you have a favourite bedtime book?
31) What were your favourite T.V. programmes as a child?
32) Did you have a favourite pet?
33) What scared you as a child?
34) What songs do you most remember from childhood?
35) What was your favourite nursery rhyme?
36) What was your favourite pantomime?
37) What was your favourite T.V. cartoon?
38) What was your favourite comic/magazine?
39) What was your favourite chocolate bar?
40) What were your favourite sweets?
41) What was your favourite holiday place?
42) What posters did you have on your bedroom wall, if any?
43) Have you kept any drawings, paintings, school books or diaries from childhood?
44) Describe your most memorable birthday.
45) What famous person/s do you share your birthday with?
46) Describe your most memorable Christmas.
47) Can you recall your favourite birthday party?
48) Did you ever belong in the scouts / girl guides or any other similar clubs?
49) Were you ever a member of a fan club or user group?
50) What was your favourite fairground or theme park ride?
51) What was the stupidest thing you did as a child?
52) Did you ever make a Guy Fawkes?
53) Did you go carol singing?
54) How many of your final year’s fellow pupils can you remember?
55) How many old school friends do you still see occasionally?
56) Did you ever get anyone into trouble?
57) Have you ever attended – or would you attend – a school reunion?
58) What did your parents do for a living while you were schooling?
59) Did you have a babysitter – or did you babysit for anyone else?
60) Do you have any memories of school trips?
61) Did you ever smoke or do anything you weren’t supposed to at school?
62) Were you popular at school?
63) When did you stop believing in Father Christmas?
64) What 5 words best describe you as teenager?
65) When did you first realise that you were growing up?
66) When did you start getting clothes instead of toys for presents?
67) At what age did you first fancy someone?
68) Who was it and what made you fancy them?
69) When was the first time you went on holiday without your parents?
70) Do you remember your last day at school?
71) What qualifications did you get?
72) Did you ever have a job before you were 16?
73) Did you go to university or college, and if so, what did you study?
74) When was your first kiss?
75) At what age did you have your first date?
76) Describe that first date?
77) What 5 words best describe you as an adult?
78) Did you suffer from acne, spots or a bad complexion?
79) Which schoolmate would you most like to meet up with now?
80) What were the biggest pranks you pulled when you were young?
81) Did you – or do you now – have a reputation for anything?
82) Who did you look up to?
83) What food did you love?
84) What food did you hate?
85) Can you think of a point when your parents embarrassed you?
LOVE & MARRIAGE
86) How many people have you dated?
87) Who was the first person you dated on a long-term basis?
88) What was the maximum amount of Valentine’s cards you ever got in one year?
89) When did you first fall in love?
90) What’s the first thing you look for in a person?
91) Have you ever been on a blind date?
92) What 3 qualities do you look for in a new friend?
93) What 3 qualities do you look for in a relationship?
94) Describe your messiest break-up.
95) On a scale of one to ten, how much are you in love at the moment?
96) How many times have you been married?
97) How long have you been married?
98) Describe your wedding day.
99) What’s the best thing about being married or living together?
100) What’s the worst thing about being married or living together?
101) What’s the longest time you ever dated or gone out with someone?
102) What’s the longest time you were engaged to someone?
103) What 5 words best describe you as a lover?
104) What 5 words best describe you as a husband/wife?
105) Do you have any children, and if so, how many?
106) What 5 words best describe you as a parent?
107) Did you witness your child’s birth/s, and if so, describe the moment?
108) What’s the best thing about being a parent?
109) What’s the worst thing about being a parent?
110) Tell a funny story that happened to you and your kids?
111) Have your children ever embarrassed you, and if so, how?
112) What special moments do you remember about your children?
113) Did they cry on their first day at school?
114) Did you cry on their first day at school?
115) What do you have in common with your partner or spouse?
116) What do you disagree about?
117) Who was the last person you kissed?
118) Does your partner ever scare or intimidate you?
119) Do any of your partner’s friends scare or intimidate you?
120) Do you prefer a partner to be younger or older than you, and by how much?
121) If you ever broke up with your partner, how long would it be before you started dating again?
122) Can you see yourself spending the rest of your life with your partner?
123) Do you have a pet name for your partner, if so, what is it?
124) Do they have a pet name for you, and if so, what is it?
125) Can you forgive and forget?
126) When was the last time you forgave someone?
127) How many times have you been in love?
128) What did you buy your partner last Christmas?
129) What did he/she buy for you?
130) Have you ever been disappointed with something your partner bought you as a gift?
131) Is there anybody in your family you don’t talk to, and if so, why not?
132) Do you have any relatives or friends living aboard?
133) Who, in your family, are you closest to?
134) Who looks up to you?
135) Who do you look up to?
136) Who is your oldest surviving relative?
137) Do you have any relatives you’ve NEVER seen?
138) Who do you turn to when you have a problem?
139) Who do you trust the most?
140) Who do you trust the least?
141) Who is your best friend?
142) Have you ever kept in touch with people you met on holiday, and if so, who?
HOPES, WISHES & DREAMS
143) If you could have 3 wishes – what would they be?
144) And if you could wish for one thing for all humanity – what would you wish for?
145) If you could be a famous person for a day, who would it be and why?
146) Whose bed would you most like to wake up in?
147) What would you like to be doing 5 years from now?
148) What would you like to be doing 10 years from now?
149) What would you like to be doing 20 years from now?
150) What would you like to see invented, however bizarre?
151) If you could live part of your life over, what year would you prefer to choose to relive?
152) What day?
153) What hour?
154) What minute?
155) If you could become invisible for a day, what would you get up to?
156) What age would you prefer to be instead of your current age?
157) If you could go back to the time you left school, what would you do, knowing what you know now?
158) Do you have any unfulfilled ambition that you know is now impossible to achieve?
159) What musical instrument would you most like to play?
160) If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you’d do?
161) What would you buy in the first week of winning the lottery?
162) Would you choose to remain anonymous if you won millions?
163) What would you do with the rest of the money, once you’d bought all the things you wanted?
164) If you could have anyone in the world, who would you like as your chauffeur or butler?
165) If expense were no object, what practical joke would you play on your boss?
166) If expense were no object, what practical joke would you play on your best friend?
167) If expense were no object, what practical joke would you play your partner?
168) If expense were no object, what practical joke would you play worst enemy?
169) If expense were no object, what practical joke would you play your neighbours?
170) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
171) What name would you prefer to have been christened?
172) It you could invite any famous person – living or dead – to dinner, who would it be and why?
173) What places would you most love to visit in the UK?
174) What places would you most love to visit in the world?
175) Describe your ideal man/woman.
176) Describe your ideal dream holiday.
177) Describe your ideal dream home.
178) Describe your ideal home town/village.
179) Describe your ideal dream job.
180) What is your dream car?
181) Name 3 people you fancy?
182) If you had the power to make one species of animal disappear forever, which would it be?
183) If you could have been a fly on the wall at anyone’s house – living or dead – whose would it be?
184) If you could set up and run your own company (funded by the lottery), what would it be?
185) If you could own any animal as a pet, what would it be?
186) What would you call it?
PLUS 100's more searching, interesting questions!
The chapters in the book include:
- HOW TO USE THIS BOOK
- GROWING UP
- HOPES, WISHES & DREAMS
- LOVE & MARRIAGE
- FEARS & DREADS
- FOOD & DRINK
- YOU & YOUR BODY
- GETTING OLD
- ER, CAN WE SKIP THAT ONE? (Bonus 100 questions – Adult Chapter) – CONTAINS ADULT MATERIAL – this version is only available if you request the adult version with this content.